Compact Two Dial Battery Operated Hose End Timer C072A
DIG’s Two-Dial Battery Operated Timer offers easy installation with simplified programming for a cost-effective solution in residential gardening. The timer is easy to install and provides easy-to-use solutions for watering pots, hanging baskets, shrub areas, flowerbeds, vegetables and small gardens. It has programming durations from 2 minutes up to 240 minutes, and an operating flow range of .1 to 5.3 gallons per minute. Connected to a garden hose or faucet/spigot, this hose end timer can be used with drip irrigation or micro sprinkler systems. It uses one 9-volt alkaline battery that can last for up to one year.
- Powered by one 9-volt alkaline battery with battery life up to one year
- Easy to install and program
- Simple three step programming
- Eight watering intervals ranging from every six hours to once per week
- Battery life indicator (flashing LED)
- Watering duration from 2 minutes to 240 minutes
- Automatic and manual operation
- Easy manual operation using a single button
- Quick release swivel adapter for easy installation and removal
- The timer’s battery operation features low energy use with a patented, eco-friendly battery life monitoring system
- Operates on low pressure
- 3/4″ FHT inlet and MHT outlet
- Weather resistant
- Three year warranty
Out of stock
- Operating pressure: 10 to 80 PSI
- Flow rate range: .5 to 4.3 GPM
- Temperature range: 40-125°F
- Connection: female hose thread inlet (FHT) x male hose thread outlet (MHT)
- Power source: 9-volt alkaline battery (not included)
- Solenoid: durable electric motor
- Power consumption: 20 micro amps in standby mode
- Materials: Housing – high-impact plastic
- Inlet valve and solenoid housing – glass reinforced nylon with stainless steel spring
Eight pre-set watering durations including 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 120 and 240 minutes
Eight watering frequency options including every 6, 12, 24 or 48 hours, and every 3, 4, 5 or 7 days
The Two-Dial Hose End Timer has a heavy duty 3/4″ female hose thread inlet and a 3/4″ male hose thread outlet so it can be attached to a garden hose or faucet/spigot. Our suggestion is to install the timer above ground to any male hose thread connection.
The timer uses two dials and one button to program; the left dial is used to set the run time, the right dial is used to select the watering frequency and the enter button is used to accept the program and start time.
This hose end timer requires one 9-volt battery (alkaline battery recommended).
1. To install the battery, remove the timer’s clear cover, then lift and remove the battery compartment cover, below the unit’s two dials.
2. Connect a new 9-volt battery. The polarity is marked for direction.
3. Insert the battery compartment in its proper place, and press on the battery cover to seat correctly.
NOTE: When changing a battery, the timer will hold programming for up to one minute.
Review instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Installation into a faucet
- Make sure the filter (washer) is in place, then screw the timer to the faucet by attaching the side with the female swivel hose thread connector to the faucet or hose end, and turn it clockwise (hand tighten only).
- Turn the faucet on. The hose end timer will open momentarily and then will shut off.
- If the hose end timer is installed with a drip irrigation system, make sure to add a 150 or higher mesh screen filter to protect the drip system, then add a 25 or 30 PSI pressure regulator to lower the pressure to the drip system, following with a swivel adapter to the drip tubing.
- Test the timer using the manual feature by turning the left dial to select the desired time duration. Then turn the right dial to select MAN and press ENTER to start. The timer will turn on for the time selected and will shut off automatically.
a) Turn the left dial to select Run Time.
b) Turn the right dial to select Interval.
c) Push the enter button; the red lead light will appear solid for 10 seconds confirming the program selection.
Watering will start in 24 hours after Interval is selected
Note: The red led light indicates timer status:
• Solid lighting: confirms program and allows start time change.
• Flashing for 30 seconds: program is running correctly
• Flashing for one second: replace battery
ManualDownload C072A Instruction Manual
Raised Bed Drip Kit ML50DIG ML50 Raised Bed Drip Kit is specially designed to water planter boxes or vegetable gardens planted in rows. The kit contains 50’ of 1/4” dripline with .52 GPH @ 15 PSI or .65 GPH @ 25 PSI drip emitters every 9”, providing up to five lines, with each line up to 10' long (up to 150 sq. ft). The kit can be expanded to cover more than 700 sq. ft. using up to five kits together or expending the kit using additional 1/2” drip tubing as the supply line, along with additional 1/4” drip line. The kit includes a 3/4" backflow preventer, 3/4" 25 PSI pressure regulator, 3/4" swivel adapter, 50' of our premium 1/2" drip tubing with .600 ID x .700 OD and all the necessary parts to complete the installation.€85 Select options
- Perfect for planter boxes or vegetable garden in-ground installations
- Complete kit; covers up to 150 sq ft (can be easily expanded)
- Contains 50' of 1/4" drip line with .52 GPH pre inserted drip emitters every 9"
- Applies water at a very low application rate leading to less surface evaporation from leaves and soil
- Offers flexibility in irrigation frequency and application rate, minimizing surface compacting and runoff
- Designed for row plantings, or plants in close spacing of any type
- No special tools or glue are needed
- Saves money by significantly lowering the cost of system components compared to conventional irrigation systems
- DIG's drip irrigation products may be exempt from residential and commercial watering restrictions (check local codes).